Patterson Family Cemetery - Middletown, Monmouth County, NJ
Click for larger image
Patterson Family cemetery
Located on the grounds of Middletown High School - South
The Patterson Family Graveyard is located on what was the Patterson farmstead which
was established by Edward Patterson, an original purchaser when Middletown was established in 1667.
There are about 15 graves located on this site but many of the stones were almost completely
eroded and only
a few were legible. The following are the only stones we were able to decipher.
- Patterson / Stevenson, George S. ~~ 1892 - 1983
- Patterson / Stevenson, May I. ~~ 1894 - 1976
- Ryer, Joseph ~~ Died August 5, 1803 Aged 3 years, 1 month, 1 day   There is some speculation that Joseph may have been born a slave of the Pattersons or might have been some sort of relative
- Patterson, James ~~ Died November 8, 1802 Aged 67 years, 1 month, 28 days   James Patterson
was a corporal in the Patriot Army serving alongside several other Patterson family members.
- Patterson, Rachel ~~ Died March 20, 1819 Aged 72? Years, 4 months
Note that there are many more Patterson family burials in
the cemetery adjacent to the
American Baptist Church
on Kings Highway, Middletown.