Transcription for Whitesville Methodist Church Graveyard, Jackson Township, Ocean County, NJ
Researched, transcribed and © August 2001 by Trevor Kirkpatrick / page design © September, 2001 by DistantCousin.com
The Whitesville Methodist Church Cemetery is located 1/4 of a mile north on Whitesville Road near the corner of
Chapel Hill Road in Jackson Township, Ocean County, NJ. The cemetery was started circa 1800 and is still in
use today under an association. The lot measures about 350 feet east to west and 100 feet north to south. It
contains roughly 218 interments with 165 grave markers. Overall the cemetery is in great shape despite some
vandalism in the past.
The present Whitesville Methodist Church stands about 300 feet up Whitesville Road on the opposite side of the
road from the cemetery. The present building was built in 1865 but is not considered a historical
structure due to renovations which replaced most of the original structure. The building was sold in 1997 and is
now called St. Thomas AME Church.